Insight, innovation, diligent and creative problem solving and honest advice exemplify the approach we take at Laxton Glass LLP. Laxton Glass LLP offers a collegial, professional and flexible work environment. We presently have a Senior Litigation Assistant opening.
As a fundamental role in our law firm, the legal assistants must be able to work for individual lawyers in a team dynamic. In order for counsel to meet the challenges of our files and the requirements of our clients, it is essential that each assistant have a strong skill set including superb computer skills and communication abilities.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in insurance defence handling a high volume of casualty, accident benefits (including LAT, priority and loss transfer) a property damage claims
- Knowledge of the SABS and the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience in drafting pleadings
- Experience in trial and arbitration preparation
- Strong attention to detail, with thorough proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Advanced technical abilities, including experience with: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of Time Matters and PrimaFact preferred, experience using Lighthouse and Tymetrix is an asset but not required